Epec GatE enables a secure VPN like connection from a remote user’s PC to a machine. It is a secure gateway for all machine data. GatE consists of the client applications running in Epec 6000 series units and in the remote user’s PC. In addition, customer has access to GatE web portal to easily manage all the licenses, users and privileges.
GatE can be taken into use easily, with software update, also to existing machines on the field if there is any Epec 6000 series unit in the machine with Internet connection.
Together with Epec 6000 series units, GatE enables the use of various remote maintenance and debugging features, such as:
- Give technical support to local operator with the help of remote desktop using CODESYS WebVisu* or VNC.
- Update control system software or collect data by exchanging files with FTP.
- Troubleshoot complex application problems with remote CODESYS on-line debugging access to any ECU in sub networks.
- Access realtime diagnostics and maintenance data, such as I/O interface statuses and error log, in visual format using CODESYS WebVisu*
(*additional license needed for WebVisu)
Read more about WebVisu.
Epec GatE is a secure remote access solution, enabling you to:
- Connect remotely to any control unit in a mobile machine
- Make online debugging/trouble-shooting
- Change parameters
- Update software
- Have remote access to the machine error log
- Exchange files with the machine
- Have a remote view of the local HMI
No more travelling on-site, you can minimize your machine down-time with Epec GatE, secure access solution for remote maintenance!
Epec 6000 series unit with an internet connection:
- 6107 Epec display unit
- 6112 Epec display unit
- 6200 Epec remote access 3G unit
- 6200 Epec remote access 4G unit
- GatE client application (available on Bram Engineers downloads)
- Epec SDK package (available on Bram Engineers downloads)
- GatE license
GatE can be taken into use easily with software update. It can be taken into use also also on existing machines on the field if there is an Epec 6000 series unit in the machine with Internet connection.