EPEC GL84 SLAVE UNIT
Epec GL84 Slave Unit is the best slave product for centralized control system architecture where one master/central unit controls multiple slaves. GL84 has a whopping 27 GND pins for sensors and actuators and CAN1 is also routed to M12 connectors for easy wiring. GL84 Slave Unit’s cycle time is extremely fast – it feels like the I/O is actually connected to the master/central unit.
The unit has a new generation housing and connector solution that enables plenty of I/O in a compact housing. The sleek shaped casing works to protect the electronics against mechanical wear. The leak-proof aluminum housing has also been widely tested against different environmental conditions, the housing is even protected against high-pressure washing (IP69).
The unit is equipped with a signal LED for diagnostics. The unit’s LEAVYSEAL connectors have integrated strain relief and lever locking that are designed for high vibration environments. Single Wire Seal (SWS) system also ensures safe and robust sealing for wires.
- Processor: 32 bit CPU
- CAN: 2
- I/O: 69 (35 inputs + 34 outputs)
- REF pins (5 V): 4
- GND pins: 27
- 5 A POWER_DO outputs
- Total current up to 60 A
- Three power supply groups – Safety cut-off feature in a group of 10 PWM/DO outputs
- IP class: IP69
- Temperature range: -40 … + 85 °C / -40 … +185 °F
2 x LEAVYSEAL 46 pin
1 x LEAVYSEAL 21 pin
2 x M12 5 pin
- Programming: User programming not possible Device configuring and controlling via Object Dictionary
- Supported CAN protocols: CANopen
- Three-colored diagnostic LED for quick status check and fault detection